Sleepforce weighted blankets include a heavy weighted inner quilt and removable soft Minky duvet cover. This premium blanket is constructed from the highest quality materials like high-end cotton and multi-layered microfiber fabric. The weighted inner blanket is filled with deep-touch pressure stimulation glass beads. Even weight distribution is achieved by sewing the glass beads into equally filled sections. The soft outer cover can easily be removed for washing at home.
- Premium fabrics used for the inner quilt and removable Minky outer duvet cover. An inner weighted blanket is evenly filled with glass beads, unlike cheaper alternatives that use plastic. The two blankets are securely fastened together with multiple tying points.
- When selecting a weighted blanket, the general rule is it should be approximately 8-12% of your body weight. Sleepforce blankets are available in a range of weights to accommodate most people. These sensory blankets measure 48” x 72” to ensure full coverage and a comfortable fit.
- Weighted sensory blankets are said to have a calming effect on users, often described as a numbing feeling which is relaxing and therapeutic. The gravity from the weight of the blanket can help alleviate anxiety, stress, insomnia, restless leg syndrome, PTSD and even some symptoms of autism. Sensory blankets provide natural relief from these ailments by increasing the body’s production of serotonin which creates a sense of calmness.
- Sleepforce weighted blankets can be used at night for a healthy night’s sleep and decreased restlessness in bed. Blanket users have reported that the added weight helps keep them still and mitigates feelings of nervousness or anxiety. Sensory blankets are also great for lounging around the home to create a calm sensation.
- Washing a Sleepforce weighted blanket is easy and can usually be done at home. Simply unzip the Minky outer duvet cover, turn the blanket inside out, and undo the securing ties. The soft outer blanket can be washed like any other blanket in your washing machine, with cold water on the gentle cycle. If you need to wash the weighted inner blanket, we recommend taking it to a commercial laundromat to avoid harming your home washing machine.
- Material: Microfiber
- Technique: Sew
- Cleaning Method: Machine Wash
- Reversible: No
- Weighted: Yes